Try the new Digital Identity
Would you like more choice about how you prove who you are online? Would you like to help us make online government services easier to access?
USI is conducting a beta of a new trusted government service to prove who you are online: it’s called a Digital Identity. You can use a Digital Identity to create a USI or login to an existing USI account. You’ll also be able to use your Digital Identity to login to other services online.
Creating a Digital Identity is like doing a 100-point identification check. Creating and using a Digital Identity is a personal choice and is completely voluntary.
Before you start
You will need to:
- Have a smart device, Apple IOS 10 or later OR Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later
- Be over 15 years of age
- Be applying for yourself and not on behalf of someone else
- Have a unique email address that belongs to you and isn’t shared with anyone else
- Have two of the following Australian identity documents (your name must match in each):
- Driver’s licence or learner’s permit
- Birth certificate
- Medicare card
- Visa (using your foreign passport)
- Australian Citizenship Certificate
Digital Identity is a new service that’s still in beta. By creating a Digital Identity now, you’re helping us make the service better for everyone!
To create your USI using a Digital Identity, get started below. If you don’t want to use a Digital Identity, you can still create a USI.
Would you like to help even more? Before you go today, let us know about your experience using the Digital Identity feedback form below. But remember: if you need help creating your USI, logging into your account, or would like us to contact you, visit our Help Centre or use our Contact Us page instead.