Accessing the USI Registry System step by step
Your myGovID or your Student Management System (SMS) access controls your user name and password.
For more information on setting up your digital identity in myGovID and Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM), see our authentication webpage.
Are you listed on training.gov.au or the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) National Register?
Check that your organisation is listed on training.gov.au (TGA) for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
TEQSA National Register for Higher Education Providers
Check that the ABN listed on TGA or the TEQSA National Register is the same one associated with your organisation in RAM.
If your ABN has recently changed contact your Regulator to update the TGA or the TEQSA National Register.
How will you connect?
There are 2 ways to connect to the USI Registry System:
USI website: connect to the USI Registry System through our website (Organisation Portal for education or training providers)
Note: You will need a myGovID, an easy and secure way to prove who you are online, and Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM), which lets you manage who can access online services on behalf of your business.
SMS to USI Registry System via web services: you may connect with the USI Registry System directly from your SMS
Do you have a myGovID?
Has your organisation been claimed in RAM?
- If your organisation has not been claimed in RAM, your principle authority will need to apply for a MyGovID and claim the business within RAM.
- To arrange authorisation in RAM within your organisation you will need to find your principal authorities. Often the principal authority is the head of your organisation or the person who originally claimed your organisation within RAM.
- Your principal authority within RAM can link you as authorised users, someone who acts on behalf of a business
Completing the System Access Request Form
To request access via web services a System Access Request Form must be completed and the terms and conditions of using the USI Registry System read and agreed to.
The form must be completed to enable the following:
You will receive a confirmation email from us once your request has been approved. You will then be able to use the USI Registry System.
- update education or training provider details
- apply for access to the USI Registry System, including web services and/or the USI Organisation Portal
- apply for Document Verification Service (DVS) Override
- apply for Self Service Authorisation (SSA)
- make ongoing changes or updates to any of the above.