About our team
The Office of the Student Identifiers Registrar (OSIR) helps students and education or training providers to access the USI Registry System to create, find, verify and update USIs securely.
The OSIR consists of 3 teams:
- Customer Experience and External Relations
- Digital and Data Delivery
- Business Strategy.
Student Identifiers Registrar
Janette Dines was appointed as the Student Identifiers Registrar in April 2019.
As the Student Identifiers Registrar, Janette is responsible for administering the creation, storage, and use of over 11 million Unique Student Identifiers (USIs). She is supported by the Office of the Student Identifiers Registrar (OSIR) and the Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
Janette is focused on understanding the needs of students and providers, and delivering a simple and secure customer experience to them. She is committed to guaranteeing students’ privacy and giving them control over who can access their personal information.
Janette is a highly experienced lawyer and has years of experience in senior government executive roles. Between 2012 and 2015, Janette led the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
In her earlier executive career, Janette served as an Assistant Secretary at the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, and the Attorney General’s Department. She has also held other senior public sector roles at Emergency Management Australia and Comcare.
Janette has also worked as a Leadership Consultant, sharing her passion for mindfulness and her experience in leadership with clients across the corporate and community sectors.
Director, Customer Experience and External Relations
Luke is an experienced professional and community leader, with over 20 years of experience working across both the Public Sector and the Tertiary Education Sector. Luke uses his extensive understanding of innovation and process improvement to enhance the customer experience for students and providers alike.
Luke leads the Customer Experience and External Relations teams. Luke’s Customer Experience team is responsible for:
- assisting students and education and training providers with their enquiries
- managing all inbound contact channels.
Additionally, he oversees the External Relations team, who manage:
- the development and distribution of all USI communications products
- all promotion and marketing activities
- consultation and engagement activities with key stakeholders
- the development of strong relationships across the education and training sectors.
Director, Corporate and Business Strategy
Glen is a senior leader within the Australian Public Sector, with over 42 years of experience. He has worked with a broad range of departments and agencies, making strong contributions to a range of public policy areas.
Glen heads up the Business Strategy team. His team is responsible for providing the Student Identifiers Registrar and the OSIR with ongoing support, advice and updates regarding:
- changes to the Student Identifiers Act and related policies
- privacy and data breach management
- compliance & enforcement
- data quality & assurance
- corporate services (financial management, HR practices, departmental liaison)
- internal communication activities.
Director, Digital and Data Delivery
Suzana leads the Digital and Data Delivery team. Suzana brings a wealth of experience to the USI team, following an extensive career within the public sector. She has worked across a broad range of skills, education and employment programs for numerous departments.
Her team works closely with the Department’s ICT developers, and a range of internal and external stakeholders. The DaDD team oversees and leads the:
- development, maintenance and enhancement of the USI Registry System and supporting applications
- onboarding of clients to USI ICT systems
- delivery of USI ICT functions for whole of government initiatives
- business intelligence and reporting functions of our office.