About our team
The Office of the Student Identifiers Registrar (OSIR) supports students and education and training providers to access the USI Registry System to create, find, verify and update USIs securely.
The OSIR consists of 3 teams:
- Customer and Digital Services
- Corporate Services, Communications, and Stakeholder Relations
- Policy, Data, and Compliance
Student Identifiers Registrar
Janette Dines was appointed as the Student Identifiers Registrar in April 2019.
As the Student Identifiers Registrar, Janette is responsible for administering the creation, storage, and use of over 12 million Unique Student Identifiers (USIs). She is supported by the Office of the Student Identifiers Registrar (OSIR) and the Department of Education, Skills and Employment.
Janette is focused on understanding the needs of students and providers, and delivering a simple and secure customer experience to them. She is committed to guaranteeing students’ privacy and giving them control over who can access their personal information.
Janette is a highly experienced lawyer and has years of experience in senior government executive roles. Between 2012 and 2015, Janette led the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
In her earlier executive career, Janette served as an Assistant Secretary at the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, and the Attorney General’s Department. She has also held other senior public sector roles at Emergency Management Australia and Comcare.
Janette has also worked as a Leadership Consultant, sharing her passion for mindfulness and her experience in leadership with clients across the corporate and community sectors.
Director, Customer and Digital Services
Suzana leads the Customer and Digital Services teams. Suzana brings a wealth of experience to the USI team, following an extensive career within the public sector. She has worked across a broad range of skills, education and employment programs for numerous departments.
The Customer team is responsible for:
- assisting students and education and training providers with their enquiries
- managing all inbound contact channels.
The Digital Services team oversees and leads the:
- development, maintenance and enhancement of the USI Registry System and supporting applications
- onboarding of clients to USI ICT systems
- delivery of USI ICT functions for whole of government initiatives.
Director, Corporate Services, Communications, and Stakeholder Relations
Glen is a senior leader within the Australian Public Sector, with over 43 years of experience. He has worked with a broad range of departments and agencies, making strong contributions to a range of public policy areas.
The Corporate Services team is responsible for providing the Student Identifiers Registrar and the OSIR with ongoing support, advice and updates regarding:
- financial management
- HR practices
- departmental liaison
- critical incident management
- internal communication activities.
The Corporate Services, Communications, and Stakeholder Relations team looks after:
- the development and distribution of all USI communications products
- all promotion and marketing activities
- consultation and engagement activities with key stakeholders
- the development of strong relationships across the education and training sectors.
Director, Policy, Data and Compliance
Tori is a long standing APS employee who has extensive experience in compliance, investigations policy and privacy portfolios.
Tori leads the Policy, Data and Compliance team. Her team is responsible for:
- changes to the Student Identifiers Act and related policies
- privacy and data breach management
- compliance & enforcement
- data analysis and reporting to inform business priorities
- business intelligence and reporting functions of our office
- business assurance activities to identify risk and opportunities for improvement.