About our team
The Office of the Student Identifiers Registrar (OSIR) supports students and education and training providers to access the USI Registry System to create, find, verify and update USIs securely.
The OSIR consists of 3 teams:
- Customer and Digital Services
- Corporate Services, Communications, and Stakeholder Relations
- Policy, Data, and Compliance
Student Identifiers Registrar
Glen Watson was appointed to act as the Student Identifiers Registrar in January 2023.
As the Student Identifiers Registrar, Glen is responsible for administering the creation, storage, and use of over 13 million Unique Student Identifiers (USIs). He is supported by the Office of the Student Identifiers Registrar (OSIR) and the Department of Employment and Workplace Relations.
Glen remains focused on keeping the needs of students and providers front of mind and delivering a simple and secure customer experience to them. Guaranteeing students’ privacy is paramount as is ensuring individuals have control over who can access their personal information.
Glen is a senior leader within the Australian Public Sector, with over 44 years of experience. He has worked with a broad range of departments and agencies, making strong contributions to a range of public policy areas.
Director, Digital and Project Services
Suzana leads the Digital and Project Services teams. Suzana brings a wealth of experience to the USI team, following an extensive career within the public sector. She has worked across a broad range of skills, education and employment programs for numerous departments.
The Customer team is responsible for:
- assisting students and education and training providers with their enquiries
- managing all inbound contact channels.
The Digital Services team oversees and leads the:
- development, maintenance and enhancement of the USI Registry System and supporting applications
- onboarding of clients to USI ICT systems
- delivery of USI ICT functions for whole of government initiatives.
Director, Corporate Services, Communications, Stakeholder Relations and Customer Services
Suzanne brings over 20 years’ experience as a senior executive in the not-for-profit sector and executive level roles in the APS. Suzanne has worked in a range of portfolios including education and training, employment, career development, indigenous and youth affairs, and disability.
The Corporate Services team is responsible for providing the Student Identifiers Registrar and the OSIR with ongoing support, advice and updates regarding:
- financial management
- HR practices
- departmental liaison
- critical incident management
- internal communication activities.
The Corporate Services, Communications, and Stakeholder Relations team looks after:
- the development and distribution of all USI communications products
- all promotion and marketing activities
- consultation and engagement activities with key stakeholders
- the development of strong relationships across the education and training sectors.
Director, Policy, Data and Compliance
Tori is a long standing APS employee who has extensive experience in compliance, investigations policy and privacy portfolios.
Tori leads the Policy, Data and Compliance team. Her team is responsible for:
- changes to the Student Identifiers Act and related policies
- privacy and data breach management
- compliance & enforcement
- data analysis and reporting to inform business priorities
- business intelligence and reporting functions of our office
- business assurance activities to identify risk and opportunities for improvement.