A Registered Training Organisation (RTO) is any organisation that is registered to deliver nationally recognised training and qualifications.
There are currently around 4500 RTOs in Australia and they can include:
- TAFEs and other government training organisations
- private/non-government training organisations
- high schools that provide nationally recognised training
- employers and other organisations that provide nationally recognised training
To find out if your training organisation is registered to provide nationally recognised training please visit training.gov.au or ask your training organisation.
Training organisations can offer qualifications at the following levels:
- Certificates I, II, III and IV
- Advanced Diploma
- Vocational Graduate Certificate
- Vocational Graduate Diploma
Note: Even if you enrol with a training organisation just to complete part of a course, a module or a single unit you will still require a USI.