Third Party Authority
Third party authority form
A USI account holder can nominate another person or organisation to be their representative to:
- make enquiries on the USI account holder’s behalf
- update the USI account holder’s personal details
- update the USI account holder’s contact details
- get a copy of the USI account holder’s VET transcript.
This is called Third Party Authorisation (TPA).
Third party authority can be requested for a nominated period of time or on an ongoing basis.
One-off versus ongoing third party authorisation
There are two ways you can arrange third party authorisation:
- Phone us with your representative, complete the usual proof of identity check questions, and verbally authorise us to speak to your representative during that phone call. This is considered ‘one-off’ authorisation and is only valid during that phone call.
- Complete a TPA form where you can choose for the person or organisation named on the form to be your representative for a specific period (e.g. several months) or ongoing until you provide further notice.
If you decide to complete a TPA form for a specified time, it is important you understand that:
- you will be disclosing your USI to the person or organisation,
- that person or organisation may make enquiries or update any of your personal details associated with your USI account, and
- the person you provide authority to is required to conduct a proof of identity check about you and themselves when they contact the OSIR which must exactly match the details submitted on the form.
We may ask you to review your authority from time to time, to ensure the arrangement is still suitable. If you think your authority is being misused, it is important that you contact us.
Children under the age of 15
If you are a parent or guardian and are seeking to make enquiries for children under the age of 15, please contact us on 1300 857 536. You will be asked to provide proof of identity for the child under the age of 15. Once proof of identity is confirmed, we will be able to discuss/action the following with you:
- look up and verify details of the USI account
- update personal and contact information
- review and discuss details of the student’s USI Transcript
- action a Help Request.
I don’t remember my USI, can I still submit a Third Party Authorisation form?
If you or your nominated representative do not have a copy of your USI, you can still submit a TPA form. Please include as many details as you can to help us find your USI account.
If you do not have an existing USI, you’ll need to create one before we can action any TPA requests.
What do I do if the USI account holder is unable to sign the Third Party Authorisation form due to incapacity?
If the USI account holder is unable to sign this form due to incapacity, the nominated third party may sign the declaration on their behalf. We will require a certified copy of either the Power of Attorney or Guardianship Order document to be submitted with the TPA form.
If the USI account holder is unable to sign this form due to incapacity, please complete page 4 of the TPA form.
Third Party Authority cancellation form
A USI account holder can cancel an active TPA nominated representative on their account at any time.
To cancel an existing TPA, please complete and submit the TPA cancellation form.
What happens if I can’t remember who is nominated as a third party authority on my USI account?
If you can’t remember who is nominated as a TPA on your USI account, please contact us on 1300 857 536 between 8:30am and 6:30pm (AEDT) Monday to Friday.
Question 10 of the TPA form allows a USI account holder to end all third party authorities on their account.
Please submit all forms to email@example.com. Please allow 5 business days for your requests to be actioned and to receive an email response.