The USI Initiative is underpinned by the:
- Student Identifiers Act 2014
- Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations (RTO) 2014
- Student Identifiers Regulation 2014
- Student Identifiers (VET Admission Bodies) Instrument 2015
- Student Identifiers (Exemptions) Instrument 2014
Training organisations now have new data reporting requirements and obligations that include reporting a USI for each of their students. More Information.
USI Data Access Guidelines
The Unique Student Identifier Data Access Guidelines set out the arrangements under which data collected and collated under the Student Identifiers Act 2014 might be requested, disclosed and/or used for research. The processes and requirements set out in the Guidelines must be followed in order for the information to be lawfully used or released.