Inaccurate or incomplete VET transcripts for RTOs
For Registered Training Organisations
There may be occasions where some information on a USI VET transcript is inaccurate or incomplete. If a current or former student cannot see their VET transcript, or it is inaccurate or incomplete, check your records to confirm:
- the training was undertaken after 1 January 2015
- the training was reported correctly in AVETMISS
- the training was not completed since your organisation last reported to the national VET collections
- that the student or training organisation does not have an exemption
- that the student does not have multiple USIs by using the: 'Existing USI Search' function in the USI Organisation Portal.
If you believe you reported the correct USI training information and USI to the national VET collections:
- contact your State Training Authority (for government funded training)
- the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) (for fee-for-service training) on 1800 649 452
There is an error on the VET transcript
If you have confirmed that your student’s VET transcript is inaccurate or contains an error, use the NCVER USI Transcript Update Tool to make the necessary correction.
What is the USI Transcript Update Tool?
The USI Transcript Tool has been developed by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER).
The USI Transcript Update Tool allows training organisations to update records they have previously reported to the national VET collections (AVETMISS reporting).
When do corrected records show in the VET transcript?
Generally, the transcript will show the updated record within a few days of the update being made via the USI Transcript Update Tool. However, updates using the standard AVETMISS submission process will appear at the next quarterly or annual update.
When you have received notification that the update has been applied, you must advise the student that the correction has been made.