5 key things you should know about your USI Transcript
- If you don’t provide a USI to your training organisation, your training cannot appear in your transcript.
- Your USI training record starts with training received in 2015 – it cannot include training delivered before you had a USI.
- USI records will be updated every year, but only once a year for many training organisations - so you may need to rely on the documents from your training organisation in the most recent year.
- If something seems to be missing or wrong on your transcript check out our information on possible errors first and then contact the training organisation who delivered the training to confirm, and seek a correction.
- Only your training organisation can make corrections to your training records. Have your USI handy when you call them.
Transcripts should show:
- Courses and units completed in 2015
- Courses and units completed in 2016
- Units of competency commenced in 2015 but not completed (shown as continuing)
- Qualifications commenced in 2014 but completed in 2015
- Single day course units where the participant supplied a USI to the training organisation
- Nationally recognised training (that has not been exempt)
Transcripts will NOT show:
- Training completed before 2015
- Training commenced in 2017
- Training that is not nationally recognised (even if delivered by a Registered Training Organisation)
- Training submitted to the NCVER or a State Training Authority without a USI
- Training outcomes that changed in 2017
To view a sample transcript click here.
Your online transcript will have many uses but it is important to note that it does not replace the qualifications or documentation issued by the training organisation. This transcript will be a useful backup for when the original documentation is lost or where duplicate documentation cannot be obtained from the training organisation, for example because it is no longer operating.
As you complete training over a period of years, your online transcript will grow to provide a record that shows your nationally recognised training. Please remember that any training you completed before 2015 will not be shown in your transcript.
What information is included in my transcript?
• Your full name (this is the only information drawn from the USI account)
• The name of all the nationally recognised VET qualifications completed in 2015 and 2016 and the training providers that issued them
• The name of all units of competency or modules, and:
o their outcome, for example whether the competency was achieved or not;
o the training providers who delivered them;
o the date they were commenced and completed; and
o an indication of their source of funding that is, whether you paid for your training, or received training that was subsidised by government.
Where does my transcript information come from?
The information in the USI transcript comes from the data that each training provider collects about their enrolments and the training they deliver. This information is submitted to the national VET collections which are managed by the NCVER.
Training providers report at intervals to the national data collection (some annually, some quarterly) so there will always be some time lag in displaying recently completed training. The USI website will indicate the latest annual and quarterly data when it has been uploaded.
Will all types of training be recorded on transcripts?
Only non-exempt nationally recognised training undertaken after January 2015 and reported to the national VET collections will be recorded on transcripts. For more information on exemptions go to https://www.usi.gov.au/training-organisations/training-organisation-requirements/exemptions-reporting-usi
Will the information in my transcript always be complete or accurate?
The transcript should include details of all non-exempt nationally recognised training completed since 1 January 2015. Your transcript will show your 2015 and 2016 training information. It will not yet show your 2017 training.
There may be valid reasons why information about training you completed from 2015 onwards is not shown in the transcript. Such as:
• The training provider has an exemption from reporting particular types of training,
• The training provider was unable to collect or verify your USI for the report,
• The training provider has not reported any data for the relevant reporting period yet.
If something seems to be missing or wrong on your transcript check the information on possible errors first by clicking on the 'inaccurate transcript' button after viewing your transcript. Read the information provided first to establish if there is a genuine inaccuracy, then contact the training provider who delivered the training to confirm the error or omission and seek a correction.
Can I generate a transcript if I do not have a USI or USI account?
No, to generate an electronic transcript through the USI Transcript Service you must have a USI, have activated your USI account and have completed non-exempt nationally recognised training since 2015.
Can I add to my transcript training I completed before 1 January 2015? (For example a course completed in 2013 or 2014?)
No. It is not currently possible to add training completed before 1 January 2015 to your transcript. You must rely on the certification documentation issued by your training provider to show evidence of this training.
Can my training provider view my transcript?
Yes, but only with your permission. You can allow training providers to view your transcript online by logging into your USI account, clicking on the Manage Permissions tile and adding the organisation(s) you want to give permission to view your transcript. You can limit the period of time they will be able to view your transcript.
I did nationally recognised training while at school. Should my transcript show this training?
Yes, your transcript should show the nationally recognised VET training you did while at school. However it will not show any other non-nationally recognised training you undertook while at high school. Please note that only the nationally recognised training you completed from 2015 onwards will be shown in your transcript.
Can I use my smartphone or iPad to view my online transcript?
Yes, you can use your smartphone or IPad to view your online transcript.
Can I print or email my transcript?
Yes, you will be able to print or email your transcript.
What if I don’t want to print the full transcript?
You can request a partial transcript, that is, a transcript that includes information about only some of the training you did. You can do this by clicking the deselection box against each unit of competency, module or each qualification when requesting the transcript. In this case the transcript will include a label to explain that it is a ‘partial transcript’.
Note, however, that you cannot choose to include information about a unit, module or qualification without the outcome or the training provider that delivered the training. Also, you cannot change the training outcomes shown in the transcript.
If you give permission to a training provider or VET authority to view your transcript, they will always be able to see your full transcript. You cannot create a partial online transcript for them to view.
Will transcripts be an acceptable form of proof of training to award credit transfers?
Yes. USI Transcripts have the same status as paper qualifications and statements of attainment issued by training providers for credit transfer purposes.
Direct access to a USI Transcript via the USI Organisation Portal will provide additional assurance that information presented is that reported by the relevant RTO to the national VET collection.
If you have any concerns about the authenticity of training information contained in a USI Transcript you should contact the relevant training provider in the first instance. If you require further assistance, you can contact the USI Office by emailing USI@education.gov.au or calling 1300 857 536.