When creating your USI:
- Your Medicare Card must be valid and issued by Medicare Australia.
- Medicare Card Number appears above the name(s) on the Medicare card.
- Individual Ref Number is next to your name on the Medicare card.
- Expiry Date appears at the bottom of the card as “Valid To”.
- Card Colour must be selected from the list.
Examples of Medicare Cards
Click on the headings below to see examples of Australian Medicare cards
Australian Citizen Medicare Card - Green
Interim Medicare Card – Blue
Reciprocal Health Care Card – Yellow
Evidence of Immigration Status (EIS) - Issued since March 2013
Australian Migration Status (AMS) ImmiCard - issued since May 2015
Permanent Resident Evidence Immicard (PRE) - Issued prior to 1 July 2017
Resident Determination ImmiCard (RDI) - Issued prior to 1 July 2017