Privacy Notice for students
The information you provide through the USI application process:
- is collected by the Student Identifiers Registrar for a number of purposes
- may be disclosed to a number of organisations, departments, regulators and other persons where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of performing functions or exercising powers
- may be disclosed to the Oversight Authority in instances pertaining to digital identity to enable them to perform their functions
- will not otherwise be disclosed without their consent unless authorised or required by or under law.
Privacy policies and complaints
Students can find out more about how the Student Identifiers Registrar collects, uses and discloses their personal information:
- by emailing the Registrar
- by calling 1300 857 536 or from outside Australia +61 2 6240 8740
- how students can access and seek correction of the personal information held about them
- how to make a complaint about a breach of privacy by the Registrar in connection with the USI
- how complaints are handled
The student can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner about an interference with privacy pursuant to the Privacy Act 1988. This includes the misuse or interference of or unauthorised collection, use, access, modification or disclosure of USIs.