USI Transcripts are drawn from data submitted to the national VET collections held by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER). Training providers can make corrections to the information on their student's USI Transcript by using the USI Transcript Update Tool.
The student's transcript seems to be incorrect or incomplete.
If the student's transcript is missing some relevant training information or is incorrect, you may be able to fix this.
Sometimes, there may be valid reasons for why information about training is not shown in the transcript, including:
- the training provider has an exemption from reporting particular types of training, or
- the training provider was unable to collect or verify the USI, or
- the national data for the relevant reporting period is not ready for display yet.
The following may be of assistance to determine whether the transcript actually needs an update.
Transcripts should show:
- Nationally recognised training (that has not been exempt)
- Courses and units completed in 2015, 2016, 2017 and quarterly data for the current year as it becomes available
- Units of competency commenced in 2015, 2016, 2017 or quarterly data for the current year but not completed (shown as continuing)
- Qualifications commenced in 2014 but completed in 2015
- Single day course units where the participant supplied a USI to the training organisation
Transcripts will NOT show:
- Training that is not nationally recognised (even if delivered by a Registered Training Organisation)
- Training submitted to NCVER or a State Training Authority without a USI
- Training completed before 2015
- Training commenced after relevant current quarter
- Training outcomes that changed after the last relevant annual or quarterly submission date
*Quarterly data only includes information submitted by State Training Authorities. Click here for further information.
Did the student provide their USI to the training provider that delivered the training? If not, they will need to do so before the training provider can update the transcript. A training provider can only make corrections to information in relation to training that they have provided.
If the student needs to update their name details on their USI Transcript, they can do this from within their USI account
- From the transcript screen, select ‘Update Your Personal Details’
- Follow the on screen instructions or use the help text on the right of the screen
- Note: The student will need a current form of ID to change their name(s)