The USI Registrar has developed a Web Services component that enables web services calls between Student Management Systems (SMS) and the USI Registry System for a number of functions.
The services allow an authorised consumer to perform the following actions:
- Create a USI record for an individual and receive an immediate response
- Submit a batch of USI creation requests for processing
- Retrieve the results of a previously submitted batch request
- Verify a USI for an individual and receive an immediate response
- Verify a batch of USIs and receive an immediate response.
USI Technical Services Contract and web service versioning policy
To establish web service functionality, along with other details, you will need the USI Registry System Technical Services Contract.
All Technical Services Contracts should be read in conjunction with the Policy and Procedures for Web Service Versioning for the USI Registry System. The current version of the Technical Services Contract (TSC) is V 3.0, effective from November 2018.
All systems must use Technical Services Contract Version 2.0 from the end of October 2016.