SMS developers, either producing a product to market to new or existing customers, or developers of a training provider’s or other VET related organisation in-house system, will need to test their system for web service authentication, connectivity and functionality with the USI Registry System using our third party testing environment.
- AUSkey Developer Kit (ADK)
To arrange access to our testing environment you will need to register as a Software Developer with SBR and obtain the latest version of the AUSkey AKM kit by registering directly with SBR – http://www.sbr.gov.au/software-developers/what-can-i-expect/registration-form
(Please ensure that you enter ‘Department of Education and Training – USI’ in the agency field to identify you as a USI Software Developer.)”
- USI Developer Kit
Next, complete the USI Developer Kit application form; and send it to USIIT@education.gov.au.
On the form you will need to provide:
- Your business name
- Contact details
- Name of Software product
- Approximate number of customers
- Approximate student population serviced
Note: In development, it is important to use libraries wherever possible:
- WCF for .NET and it should be the latest versions. Minimum requirement is .NET 4.5
- For Java the library called WSIT (authorised by Microsoft and Sun and published on the Oracle website) must be obtained.