SMS developers, either producing a product to market to new or existing customers, or developers of a training provider’s or other VET related organisation in-house system, will need to test their system for web service authentication, connectivity and functionality with the USI Registry System using our third party testing environment.
- AUSkey Developer Kit (ADK)
To arrange access to our testing environment you will need to register as a Digital Service Provider (DSP) with SBR and obtain the latest version of the AUSkey AKM kit by registering directly with SBR – https://www.sbr.gov.au/digital-service-providers/software-development-steps/online-services-dsps
To register with SBR’s Online services for DSPs you must hold an AUSkey for the ABN you are registering on behalf of, or link the organisation’s ABN to your myGov account in order to authenticate a Login attempt.
- USI Developer Kit
Next, complete the USI Developer Kit application form; and send it to IT@usi.gov.au.
On the form you will need to provide:
- Your business name
- Contact details
- Name of Software product
- Approximate number of customers
- Approximate student population serviced
Note: In development, it is important to use libraries wherever possible:
- WCF for .NET and it should be the latest versions. Minimum requirement is .NET 4.5
- For Java the library called WSIT (authorised by Microsoft and Sun and published on the Oracle website) must be obtained.