To use the USI web services in the production environment, an education or training provider must be authenticated and authorised to access the USI Registry System. To do so an education or training provider must meet the following requirements.
1. (a) RTOs
- Be listed on training.gov.au (TGA). The USI Registry System uses the organisation ABN and OrgCode details as listed on TGA for authentication purposes.
- The ABN listed in TGA must be the same one linked in RAM and registered with the Australian Business Register. If an organisation has changed their ABN recently, they need to update their TGA details.
(b) Higher Education Providers
- Be listed on the TEQSA National Register. The USI Registry System uses the organisation ABN and Provider ID details as listed on the National Register for authentication purposes.
- The ABN listed in the National Register must be the same one linked in RAM and registered with the Australian Business Register. If an organisation has changed their ABN recently, they need to update their details on the TEQSA National Register.
Where organisations have a single ABN and multiple organisation codes (including dual sector providers) Machine-to-Machine (M2M) credentials can be used.
2. Student Management System (SMS)
Have an SMS that has incorporated the USI Technical Services Contract.
3. Production Device Authentication
Have M2M credentials installed in their SMS infrastructure. To be issued with M2M, an organisation and its staff must first set up a myGovID and Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM).
4. USI Registry System Access Request form
Complete the System Access Request Form to request access to use web services and accept the terms and conditions of use.
An access form needs to be submitted for each education or training provider, as defined by organisation codes, requesting access to web services and accepting the terms and conditions of use.
Organisations must read and understand the Terms and Conditions of using the USI Registry System.
Other VET related organisations and Tertiary Admission Centres wishing to use web services, must also have M2M credentials, register themselves with the USI Registrar so they can be issued a USI organisation code which must be supplied as a part of all web service calls, and agree to the terms and conditions of use.