Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students
When to use the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Evidence of Identity Form
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students and their nominated representatives should use this Evidence of Identify (EOI) form to:
- create a USI
- find/verify a USI
- update name or contact details
- update date of birth
- get a copy of a VET transcript
- give authority to a nominated representative to act on the student’s behalf on an ongoing basis
where standard verifiable identification is not available.
Who can be a nominated representative?
A nominated representative can be one of the following:
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community support person
- an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community elder
- a chairperson, secretary or CEO of an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander corporation
- a school principal
- a school administrator/counsellor
- a treating health professional or manager in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander medical services
- a community development provider (job network provider).
If you already have a USI and you want to add a Third Party Authority (TPA) to your account, please complete the TPA form.
For education or training providers
You can assist Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students by applying for access to the Document Verification Service (DVS) override function.
If your organisation is granted DVS override access, you may still need to submit an EOI form if you are:
- updating a USI account (personal information)
- resolving duplicate USI accounts
- requesting a copy of the student’s VET transcript
- requesting TPA to be added to the USI account.
Please submit all forms to email@example.com. Please allow 5 business days for your requests to be actioned and to receive an email response.