Document Verification Service (DVS) Override & System Access
What is the Document Verification Service (DVS) Override function?
We understand that some students may not have:
- had their birth registered
- access to a verifiable form of identification.
An authorised education or training provider can apply for and use the DVS override function, to assist students who can’t access verifiable identification to get a USI for their studies.
Once approved, providers can use the DVS override for students who have an alternative photo/date of birth identification document.
Applying for the DVS override function
To apply for the DVS override function, your organisation must have access to the USI Registry System. Your organisation will need to submit a System Access Request (SAR) form, and request access to the DVS override function.
If approved, your request will remain active for a period of 12 months. You will need to submit a new SAR form to continue to access this function beyond the initial 12 month period.
If your organisation is granted DVS override access, you may still need to submit an Evidence of Identity form if you are:
- updating a USI account (personal information)
- resolving duplicate USI accounts
- requesting a copy of the student’s VET transcript
- requesting third party authority to be added to the USI account.