Third Quarter 2018 data reported by RTOs is now available on USI Transcripts
The USI Transcript currently holds 3 years of training data from the national VET collections for 2015, 2016 and 2017, as well as the first 3 quarters (January – September) of 2018 data.
With over 900,000 transcript views and downloads to date, please be reminded that you can always request direct access to the online USI Transcript from your students. This will help with facilitating enrolment when trying to obtain proof of prior qualifications.
For more information on how students can grant you access from within their USI account to their USI transcript, please refer to the:
- Student Quick Guide
- Instructional Video – How to give permission to my Training Organisation to view my USI Transcript online
Reporting Tips for RTOs (as we gear up for 2018 full year reporting deadlines)
Getting it right – 2018 end of year reporting
It is important to ensure that you submit accurate data in your AVETMISS reporting (either via your State Training Authority, Board of Studies or directly to NCVER). The data you submit will be used to generate USI transcripts for your students.
Getting it right the first time means having to avoid making any corrections to your data at a later date. Here are some handy tips.
- Unable to Verify? If verification is unsuccessful, use the 'Existing USI Search/Locate USI' functions or, upon enrolment, ask students to log into their account and send you their USI verification details using the quick ‘Provide your USI’ function. This will assist you to easily and quickly verify the USI and avoid transcription errors, which can occur with hand written USIs. Remember to first seek your student’s permission before searching for their USI. Also, be aware that using this function will generate a text message to the student notifying them that you are trying to locate their USI.
- Report accurately – We strongly encourage you to validate your AVETMISS data and fix any errors before the end of the year so that you only need to submit your data when the window opens. For RTOs reporting their fee-for-service data to a State Training Authority (STA), your deadline may be earlier than this. If you are unsure of your individual reporting requirements for state funded training, please check with your STA.
- Seek help - If you are unsure about the USI process, contact the USI Office on 1300 857 536 or at USI@education.gov.au for more information. Questions about AVETMISS reporting requirements should be directed to NCVER.
Reminder - Student Management Systems Device AUSkey Certificate Renewal
Is your RTO’s Device AUSkey due for renewal? Student Management Systems (SMS) use a Device AUSkey to authenticate the connection with the USI Registry System. Our records show that a significant number of RTOs created their Device AUSkeys just after the USI Registry System went live and these were renewed in the first quarter of 2017. It is important to note that a Device AUSkey requires renewal every 2 years. If you are unsure or need more information, please talk to your organisation’s AUSkey administrator or visit www.usi.gov.au/training-organisations/device-auskey-certificate-renewal.
TIP for your students: Setting Permission for RTOs to access their USI Transcript or Account
Ask the student to give you permission to view their USI transcript or account by following these steps:
- Go to USI website www.usi.gov.au
- Ask the student to select 'Student Login' (RTOs must never use the Student Portal)
- Student to Agree To Terms and Conditions and Login
- Student to select 'Provide your USI'
- Student to select 'Set up access for the training organisation to view the USI Account/ Permissions'
- Student can search details by entering the RTO code or name in the appropriate field.
- Student to select 'Search'
- Once the student has found your RTO, they select 'Add'
- The student selects the permission they want to grant your RTO and the expiry date
- Select 'Save'
Don’t forget to remind the student they can remove the permission from their USI account once they have completed training with your organisation.
Once the student has granted you permission from within their USI account you can use the ‘Find USI’ function:
- Login to the Organisation Portal
- Select the ‘Find USI’ tile
- Search using the student's details
- You will then be able to view and/or update the USI transcript or account details according to the permissions they have set
To be able to change key personal details you will need a form of ID from the student.
USI Office ½ day closure – Wednesday, 19 December
The USI Office will be closed from 12.30pm (AEDT) on Wednesday, 19 December. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Students and RTOs can continue to access the USI Registry System, website and all self-service options over this period.
Christmas and New Year Break Operating Hours
The USI Office will be closed from 12.30pm (AEDT) on Monday, 24 December 2018 until Wednesday, 2 January 2019.
Students and RTOs can continue to access the USI Registry System, website and all self-service options 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We apologise for any inconvenience.