Crest of the Australian Government Unique Student Identifier-Logo

Student FAQs - Vocational education and training (VET)

If the training was nationally recognised and you completed it after 1 January 2015, the details will be on your VET transcript.

Certificates and qualifications are issued by the RTO you completed your training with. If the RTO is no longer operating, you need to contact the relevant VET regulator for further assistance. 

•    If in Victoria – Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority –

•    If in WA – Western Australian Training Accreditation Council –

•    All other States and Territories – Australian Skills Quality Authority – 

Related Links

As the USI is for training completed in Australia, no overseas qualifications will be recorded on the VET transcript.

Related Links

Back to FAQs Page

Did you find the information you were looking for on this page?
On a scale of 1 to 5, please provide a rating for how useful the information on this page was in answering your question.
Did you find the content on this page easy to understand?
Don’t include personal or financial information. For example your phone number, email or credit card details.

If you need help, please call us on 1300 857 536 or from outside on Australia +61 2 6240 8740. Our contact centre is open between 8:30am-6.30pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time), Monday to Friday (excluding national and South Australian public holidays).


If you would like to provide feedback, please complete the feedback form.

Office of the Student Identifiers Registrar (OSIR)
Last Modified on Tuesday 15th August 2023 [671]