What do I do if my USI Transcript is inaccurate?
Your transcript will include details of all non-exempt nationally recognised training done since 1 January 2015 and for which your Training Organisation collected your USI and submitted data to the national VET collections.
Any training that you undertook before 2015 will not be shown on your transcript.
Check the information in your transcript to identify information which is missing or inaccurate by checking that it is training that should appear:
- If you aren’t sure whether your training is nationally recognised, look for the Nationally Recognised Training symbol (shown bottom right) on your certificate/statement of attainment
- When did you complete the training? Depending on how often your Training Organisation reports, your training may not appear until the following year
- Did you provide your USI to the Training Organisation who delivered the training? If not you will need to provide them with your USI and ask them to update your USI Transcript
- Contact your relevant Training Organisation if you are not sure
If you still believe the training information in your transcript is inaccurate, contact the Training Organisation who provided the training.
Your Training Organisation will be able to correct information by:
- Updating inaccurate information
- Adding missing information
- Deleting inaccurate information
Corrections may take a few days depending on the complexity of the matter.
Your Training Organisation should contact you to confirm that the updates have been made.
What do I do if my name is inaccurate on my transcript?
If your name is inaccurate on your transcript, you can fix it in your USI account.
- From the transcript screen, select ‘Update Your Personal Details’
- Follow the on screen instructions or use the help text on the right of the screen.
Note: You will need a current form of ID if you want to change your name
If your transcript is inaccurate, don’t worry! The Training Organisation who delivered your training will generally be able to update the transcript.
Your USI Transcript does not replace the qualification/ statement of attainment you received from your Training Organisation.
You may like to give your Training Organisation permission to view your USI Transcript online to view the inaccuracy. Remember, you can limit the period of time they will be able to view your transcript.
You will need a current form of ID if you want to change your name
Some examples of inaccurate information could be:
- Incorrect qualification/unit/module
- Incorrect training outcome
- Incorrect name
Your transcript is unlikely to contain information about the training that you have completed recently; this is because the transcript can only show the training outcomes that your Training Organisation has reported to the national VET collections.
Your transcript may be a useful backup for when the original documentation is lost or where you cannot get a copy from your Training Organisation.
If you have given your Training Organisation permission to update your details, they can make the changes for you using details from an acceptable form of ID.
A Training Organisation cannot update/correct training that you completed with a different Training Organisation.
Want more information
- Your USI Transcript
- How to view and download my USI Transcript?
- When will my training appear on my USI Transcript?
- How to create and download my partial USI Transcript?
- How dp i give permission to my Training Organisation to view my USI Transcript