Please find below the text contained within the PDF file. Please download and distribute this PDF to students.
If you have forgotten your password, don’t worry, this can happen to anyone from time to time. It will only take a couple of minutes for you to reset it and you can do this on your mobile phone, tablet or computer.
- From the USI website usi.gov.au home page select ‘Forgot your password’.
Help instructions are available on this page. Once you are ready, select:
- Read and Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click the ‘Forgotten your password?’ link.
- You will be asked to choose one of the following 4 options:
- Email address – It must be the same email address as the one in your USI account. We will use this email address to send a link to reset your password. The link must be used within 10 minutes or it will expire. You will then be asked to enter a new password.
- Mobile number – It must be the same mobile number as the one in your USI account. Additionally, you will need to enter in your date of birth. We will send a unique PIN to this mobile number to reset your password. The PIN must be used within 60 seconds or it will expire. When you have entered the PIN, you will be asked to enter a new password.
- Personal details and check questions – Your personal details must be the same as the details entered in your USI account. Enter your first name, family name, date of birth, gender and town/city of birth. Then you must enter at least one personal detail from the ‘Optional Criteria’ list: your email address, mobile number or postal address. Next you will need to answer your check questions.
- Personal details and a form of ID - Your personal details must be the same as the details in your USI account. Enter your first name, family name, date of birth, gender and town/city of birth. Then you must enter at least one personal detail from the 'Optional Criteria' list: your email address, mobile number or postal address. You will then be asked to enter a valid form of ID.
- Make sure your mobile is handy if this is your preferred option
- Make sure you can access your email if this is your preferred option
- Your password is case sensitive. For tips and guidance on setting your password, please refer to the USI website.
- Make sure the answers to your check questions are entered exactly as you set them up (e.g. street or st)
- Make sure you have your ID handy if needed
Please visit the Help Centre at www.usi.gov.au/help-centre for assistance with the most common problems.