Please find below the text contained within the PDF file. Please download and distribute this PDF to students.
FORGOTTEN PASSWORD — Student Information
If you have forgotten your password, don’t worry as this can happen to anyone from
time to time. It will only take a couple of minutes for you to reset it and this can be
done on your mobile phone, tablet or computer.
- From the USI website www.usi.gov.au home page select ‘I am a student’.
- Choose the following button from the list of blue buttons:
- Have forgotten my password
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- You will be asked to choose one of the following 3 options:
- Email address – It must be the same email address as the one in your USI account. We will send a link to reset your password to that email address. The link must be used within 10 minutes or it will expire.
- Mobile number – It must be the same mobile number as the one in your USI account. We will send a unique PIN to that mobile number to reset your password. The PIN must be used within 60 seconds or it will expire. When you enter the PIN you will be asked to enter your new password.
- Personal details – Your personal details must be the same as the details entered in your USI account. Enter your family name, date of birth and gender. Then you must enter at least one personal detail from the ‘Optional Criteria’ list: this will be your USI or your first name or middle name or Town/City of Birth.
Next you will need to either answer your check questions or provide a valid form of ID.
You will then be asked to enter a new password.
- Make sure your mobile is handy if needed
- Make sure you can access your email if needed
- Your password is case sensitive
- Make sure your answers to check questions are spelt correctly (did you enter ‘Street’ or ‘St’ for example)