We are committed to maintaining the privacy of all personal information entrusted to us and continually implement practices to protect the privacy of your information and act in your best interests. You have a right to know how we collect, use and disclose personal information and that it remains accurate, confidential and secure.
Table of contents
- Privacy by design is embedded in the Office of the Student Identifiers Registrar business practices and in the design and architecture of its systems.
- Business processes and system initiatives, revisions, or upgrades will be consistent and compliant with mandatory requirements, including the Australian Privacy Principles and associated policies.
- Third party entities authorised under the Student Identifiers legislative framework to collect and use USIs must meet the privacy requirements of the Student Identifiers legislative framework.
- give individuals reasonable notice of information, policies and practices for collecting, using, disclosing, retaining and disposing of personal information
- expect entities authorised to collect, use and disclose information about individuals under the Student Identifiers legislative framework to publish privacy notices clearly informing individuals about the purposes and scope of information collected.
- maintain a compliance program of regular audits, reviews and assessments of access (by the Office of the Student Identifiers Registrar staff and other authorised entities) of the our operations and systems
- monitor and keep adequate records of compliance efforts, privacy infringements and breaches.
- handle any requests or complaints with care and diligence
- appropriately destroy personal information in accordance with the student identifiers legislative framework and any Australian Government retention requirements
- keep personal information in a way to protect it from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and always in accordance with mandatory requirements.
- respect the privacy and rights of all individuals in all aspects of business and treat all personal and sensitive data as confidential
- adequately inform Individuals about the processing of their personal data, their rights and access to that data.
The Office of the Student Identifiers Registrar staff will act with integrity in:
- dealing with personal and sensitive information and data that is collected, used or disclosed in the assignment and verification of USIs or as a result of the Transcript Service
- collecting, using, disclosing, and retaining only the minimum amount of information about individuals as necessary for the specified purpose.