How we secure your data
Around the world, cyber-attacks are increasing. Several Australian companies have recently reported that personal details of their customers have been exposed.
We want to assure our USI customers that our systems have not been affected and the personal data attached to your account is secure.
We take the privacy and protection of account holder personal information very seriously. We have cybersecurity measures in place to protect our systems against malicious attacks and data breaches. Our procedures are designed to give new and existing customers a simple but secure way to create and maintain your USI account. For example:
- we only collect the personal information that we need to create your USI
- we verify your identity document through an encrypted system
- we don’t store the details of your identity document in our system
- you can secure your account with a password and security questions
- you set controls on who can view or update details on your USI account.
Please note that if you were affected by a data breach and obtained a new ID such as a driver’s licence or Medicare number, you do not need to provide us with the new ID details.
You can help us protect your data by:
- Having a strong password and security questions
- Keeping your contact details up to date so that you are notified of any activity on your account.